If you are looking for a way to improve your website's conversions, SEO, and design, I encourage you to use a Ninja Forms, one of the most popular form builders for WordPress.
Ninja Forms is free, easy to use, and packed with features. In this article, we'll take a look at 10 of the best free features that Ninja Forms has to offer.
Ninja Forms is a powerful form builder that offers a wide range of features, even in its free version. Here are 10 of our favorite Ninja Forms free features that we know you'll love:
1. Unlimited forms on WordPress
Ninja Forms is a powerful form builder that can be used on WordPress websites. It's free to use and doesn't limit the number of forms you can create. Whether you need to create 10 or 1,000 forms, Ninja Forms can help.
Check out this tutorial for Building a Form and learn how to get started with Ninja Forms.
2. Form submission handling & unlimited submissions
Unlike many other form builders, Ninja Forms gives you free access to your form submission data and does not set a cap on the number of submissions you can receive. This means you can collect as much data as you need, without having to worry about paying for more storage or bandwidth.
If you want to learn more about working with your WordPress form entries, you can check this Submission Management page.
3. Export your form submissions as CSV files for free with Ninja Forms.
Ninja Forms makes it easy to export your form submissions as CSV files. This is a great way to save your data and analyze it in a spreadsheet program. You can even attach the CSV file to your email notifications. This means you can send an email with a confirmation message to your users that includes a copy of their form submissions.
Additionally, you can also send yourself a copy of their submission, so you don’t miss any new form entries. Want to learn more about exporting form submissions with Ninja Forms? Read 4 Ways to Export WordPress Form Submissions.
4. Email Notifications w/ multiple autoresponders
Email notifications are an essential feature for any form builder. With Ninja Forms, you can easily send email notifications to users who submit your forms. You can also send email notifications to yourself or other admins.
Ninja Forms allows you to duplicate email notifications as many times as you like. This is a great way to send different types of email notifications to different people. For example, you could send a confirmation email to users, a copy of the submission to yourself, and an email to a specific department if the submission meets certain criteria.
To learn more about how to send email notifications with Ninja Forms, check out this article.
Did you know you can do more with your email notification action than add email addresses? Check these 22 Ways to Use WordPress Form Email Notifications!
5. The importance of a success message
Have you ever submitted a form and then been left hanging, wondering if your submission went through? It's a frustrating experience, and it can make people less likely to submit your forms in the future.
That's why it's important to have a success message that tells users that their submission was successful. A success message can also be used to thank users for their submission and encourage them to take further action, such as subscribing to your newsletter or following you on social media.
Here are some tips for writing a successful success message:
- Keep it short and sweet. People don't want to read a long message after submitting a form.
- Be clear and concise. Tell users that their submission was successful and what will happen next.
- Use positive language. Thank users for their submission and encourage them to take further action.
- Personalize the message. If possible, include the user's name in the message.
6. Redirect to a page after submission
Redirecting users to a different page after they submit a form is a great way to keep them engaged with your website. You can use this feature to redirect users to a thank you page, a confirmation page, or even a sales page.
Ninja Forms makes it easy to set up a redirect action. To do this, simply follow these steps.
Ninja Forms Calculations is a free feature that comes with Ninja Forms. You can use it to create a free quote form, calculate a quiz score, collect payments when combined with one of their payment integrations, or create discounts using conditional logic.
8. Input Mask
Input masks are a great way to customize the way data is entered into your form fields. They allow you to specify the format of the data that is allowed in a field, which can help to prevent errors and make it easier for users to enter data. For example, you could use an input mask to create a phone number field that only accepts numbers and hyphens, or a birthday field that only accepts dates in the format of MM/DD/YYYY.
Input masks are a powerful tool that can help to improve the usability and accuracy of your forms. Want to learn more? Check out their guide on How to Use an Input Mask in Your Contact Form (Examples)!
9. Spam Management
Ninja Forms makes it easy to manage spam submissions. The plugin offers a variety of features to help you reduce spam, including:
- Honeypot. A honeypot is a field that is hidden from users, but is visible to bots. Bots will often try to fill out this field, which can help you to identify and block spam submissions.
- Anti-Spam field. This field is designed to make it difficult for bots to submit spam. It requires users to answer a question that is easy for humans to answer, but difficult for bots.
- Google reCAPTCHA. Google reCAPTCHA is a free service that helps to protect your forms from spam. It uses a variety of techniques to identify bots, including challenge-response questions and risk analysis.
If you are tired of getting spam submissions, I encourage you to use these features to help you reduce spam. They are a powerful tool that can help you to protect your forms from spam.
I also recommend checking out the article How to Stop WordPress Form Spam. This article provides additional tips on how to fight spam submissions.
10. Full WordPress GDPR Automation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in European Union (EU) law on data protection and privacy in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). The GDPR aims primarily to give control back to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
Ninja Forms makes it easy to comply with the GDPR. The plugin offers a variety of features to help you protect the personal data of your users, including:
- Consent management. Ninja Forms allows you to collect consent from users before collecting their personal data. This is a requirement under the GDPR.
- Data export. Ninja Forms allows you to export the personal data of your users in a format that is easy to read and understand. This can be useful if you need to provide users with a copy of their personal data or if you need to delete their personal data.
- Data deletion. Ninja Forms allows you to delete the personal data of your users. This is a requirement under the GDPR if a user requests that their data be deleted.
If you are a WordPress user, I encourage you to use Ninja Forms to help you comply with the GDPR. The plugin offers a variety of features to help you protect the personal data of your users.
That's all for now!
I hope you enjoyed learning about the 10 free features of Ninja Forms. If you are looking for a powerful and user-friendly form builder for WordPress, I encourage you to give Ninja Forms a try.
About the Author:
The SEO-Alien is a project started in 2009 regarding all things online marketing. The site started out more of a diary of predictions, suggestions and references to things I frequently used for online marketing... before social media marketing was even an option.
I hope you find the information and tools presented here useful and something worth sharing with others.
If there is anything else about online marketing or any online advertising strategy you think would be helpful, please let me know.