Since 2013 there have been hundreds (possibly thousands) of Social Media tools that have come and gone, while others were taken over or rebranded.
I received a message on Facebook Messenger from a person that I last heard from in 2013. It was kind of reminiscing in many ways. I noticed in the last text sent to this person was a link to a Google forms that was in created in May of 2013. That form is the one below.
In that form I was asking what Social Media tools people used the most. I went through all those tools that were mentioned to see what ones were still around and interestingly enough, there were more of those Social Media tools that were not around than there were that made it.
There are a variety of Social Media tools that will help in sharing, posting, following, unfollowing and many more helpful things. Many have come and gone, so I thought it would be interesting to bring this old form back to life so you too could be reminded of some of the Social Media tools that have come and gone, rebranded or taken over.
Here are the Social Media tools that were on the list in 2013, the ones that are still around and the ones that are not.
- SocialFlow ~ https://www.socialflow.com
- socialoomph ~ https://www.socialoomph.com
- Bitly ~ https://bitly.com
- TweetDeck ~ https://tweetdeck.twitter.com
- Tweepi ~ https://tweepi.com
- Kred ~https://www.home.kred
- Hootsuite ~ https://www.hootsuite.com
- Buffer ~ https://buffer.com
No Longer Around
- Trustcloud ~ (is not the old TrustCloud, website is under development).
- SocialBro ~ is now https://audiense.com
- digg-digg ~ (byBuffer) (This plugin has been closed and is no longer available for download).
- Peerindex ~ Dec 17, 2014 -Tech.eu — Brandwatch acquires London-based PeerIndex.
Below is that original form created in 2013, (with one exception; I added "None of the Above").
Go ahead and fill out the form and let us know what Social Media tools on this list you use, if any. If you do not see your choice add your favorite from the bottom of the form. After completion you will be able to view the results.
About the Author:
The SEO-Alien is a project started in 2009 regarding all things online marketing. The site started out more of a diary of predictions, suggestions and references to things I frequently used for online marketing... before social media marketing was even an option.
I hope you find the information and tools presented here useful and something worth sharing with others.
If there is anything else about online marketing or any online advertising strategy you think would be helpful, please let me know.