Are you a WordPress website designer or online marketer, desperately trying to stay up-to-date with the latest tools and tricks? 2023 is an exciting year for WordPress users.
With today’s competitive landscape, it can be challenging to keep track of which plugins your competitors are using.
With the release of new plugins and updates to existing ones, there are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to enhancing your website. To help you out, we've compiled a list of the top 20 activated WordPress plugins in 2023:
1. WPForms – 5+ million active installations: WPForms is a user-friendly drag and drop form builder that lets you quickly create online forms for surveys, contact forms, registration pages, and more.
2. Yoast SEO – 5+ million active installations: A powerful SEO plugin that helps you optimize your website for search engines, increase traffic and get more leads.
3. Elementor – 5+ million active installations: A powerful page builder that lets you create custom designs with drag and drop functionality.
4. Akismet – 5+ million active installations: This plugin helps you protect your WordPress site from comment spam.
5. Jetpack – 5+ million active installations: A must-have plugin that helps you to secure your website, backup your data and optimize performance with a single click.
6. WooCommerce – 5+ million active installations: An eCommerce plugin for WordPress that helps you to start selling online in no time.
7, Really Simple SSL – 5+ million active installations: Really Simple SSL is a free WordPress plugin that makes it easy to enable SSL encryption for your website.
8. Gravity Forms: A form builder tool with advanced features such as multi-page forms, customizations and more.
9. WP Rocket: A caching plugin that speeds up your website loading times, improving user experience and search engine rankings.
10. WPBakery – 4.3+ Million active installations: An intuitive page builder plugin for creating stunning websites with no coding skills required.
11. MonsterInsights – 3+ million active installations: An analytics plugin that helps you track and analyze your website traffic.
12. UpdraftPlus – 3+ million active installations: An automated backup solution for WordPress websites that allows you to have complete control over your backups.
13. WordPress Importer – 3+ million active installations: This plugin helps you import content from other blogging platforms or websites into your WordPress website. It supports several different file formats, including WXR (WordPress eXtended RSS), Atom, and more.
14. All in One SEO – 3+ million active installations: An SEO plugin that helps you optimize your content for search engine rankings.
15. Site Kit – 3+ million active installations: Google's official WordPress plugin, designed to deliver remarkable insights into your website's performance and user behavior.
16. WP Smush – 1+ million active installations: An image optimization plugin that will help you reduce the size of your images, making them faster to load.
17. Redirection – 1+ million active installations: A tool that helps you manage all your 301 redirects, keeping your website organized and free from broken links.
18. XML Sitemaps – 1+ million active installations: Use this plugin to greatly improve SEO to create special XML sitemaps which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your site.
19. OptinMonster – 1+ million active installations: OptinMonster is an effective lead generation plugin that helps you to create beautiful optin forms and increase your email list size.
20. Ninja Forms– 900,000+ active installations: Ninja forms is a free core plugin that is an intuitive drag and drop form builder with pre-built forms, custom validation, and more. It also comes with a built-in spam filter that helps you protect your forms from bots.
We will do our best to keep this list updated as time goes by, but if you feel we missed one that should be listed, please let us know in the comments below. Thanks!
About the Author:
The SEO-Alien is a project started in 2009 regarding all things online marketing. The site started out more of a diary of predictions, suggestions and references to things I frequently used for online marketing... before social media marketing was even an option.
I hope you find the information and tools presented here useful and something worth sharing with others.
If there is anything else about online marketing or any online advertising strategy you think would be helpful, please let me know.