Affiliate marketing is one way for you to optimize your income. You can use your existing website, create a new one, or use a blog site.
You may have heard of affiliate marketing. What is it? Affiliate marketing is a program that allows you to place links on your website that direct buyers to other companies’ sites. If a sale occurs through the link you specifically provided, you earn a percentage of the sale.
There are literally thousands of companies with affiliate programs for you to choose from. You’ll apply to those that interest you, or that are similar in genre to what your site is all about, and the rest is automated for the most part. You won’t see instant riches, but you will have the opportunity to create an additional stream of income without doing more than setting up the affiliate’s links on your site. This creates residual income.
You can create a website if you don’t have one. Add the affiliate links and/or images to your site. Create an information blog that discusses the product they are selling. This should attract attention to the link, and once the link is clicked on by your reader, it’s possible that a sale will be made. Because the customer bought the product by reading your information and clicking through to the product you’ll receive a portion of the sale, similar to what a commission would be.
These programs are easy to operate once set up. You will do no selling, you won’t collect money for the products, and you won’t ship them. In fact, you won’t do any product handling at all for affiliate sales. You simply attract attention to the affiliate’s link.
There are just a few steps to affiliate marketing.
- You’ll find a good program that helps you to keep track of your affiliate links and the income that comes in from each one. Most of them use a dashboard type format that makes it easy to see what’s happening at a glance. Once you are up and running, you’ll analyze your results frequently. This will tell you which campaigns are working most successfully for you and which need to be adjusted for better performance.
- Then you’ll create a website or blog on which to place the affiliate links.
- The next step is perhaps the most difficult. Driving traffic to your affiliate links is best done with a marketing campaign that utilizes keywords and phrases according to their search popularity. If you have expertise in search engine optimization, you’re all set. If not, you may want to hire someone who does as this may be the most important part of your operation.
- The most important part is not to give up! Remember, if it was easy, everyone would be doing. What separates the winners for the "gave-uppers" is the that winners kept going even when they did not see immediate results. Using SEO, Blogging and Social Media are all a marathon and not a sprint.
Make Money with Your Blog from Text Links
Here Are a Couple You Can Start With
- Ucontext – This is an affiliate program for Clickbank and will add text links to relative products automatically.
- is another program to add links to your text.
- Social Link Mart – Share links on your social media sites!
Promoting Your Site Using Social Media
"Whatever niche you're in, provide your followers with informative, relative, consistent articles and if you're using Social Media, be sure to pay attention to your followers and communicate with them often. Nothing is worse that someone finding your Social Media site with nothing on it but links to your offers. You will find that sharing other relative posts from even your biggest competitors will not hurt your traffic, but actually help it."