According to Grow Smart Biz, of the 500 small business owners studied, 84% saw an increase in new business activity after engaging in mobile marketing. 69% “somewhat or strongly agreed that ‘mobile marketing is key to my small business growth in the next five years.”
Take a look at these statistics regarding mobile search users:
- – 25% of smartphone users made a purchase in-store.
- – Over half of smartphone users called the business.
- – 49% of smartphone users looked the business up on a map.
- – 1 in 5 smartphone users made a purchase online.
- – QR code scans increased 300% in 2011 over 2010.
- – QR code usage jumped 617% from January to December 2011 in top 100 magazines.
- – Mobile email opens increased 34% while opens on webmail and PCs decreased by 11% and 9.5% from April to September 2011.
- – At the end of 2011, nearly 1 in 5 smartphone users scanned product barcodes and nearly 1 in 8 compared prices on their phones while in a store.
- – More than half of the U.S. smartphone population used their phone to perform retail research while inside a store in 2011.
- – 79% of smartphone users use their phones to help with shopping and 74% make a purchase as a result (Google/Ipsos 2010).
- – More than half (52%) of adult cell phone owners used their devices while in a store to get help with purchasing decisions.